Do you want to buy your plane ticket to Mallorca at the best price? As Mallorca is the main island of the Balearic archipelago and one of the main tourist destinations in the Mediterranean, it is very well connected by air and by sea.
In case you have decided to arrive by plane and what you want now is to get a flight to Mallorca at a good price, here we tell you how to do it. Keep reading!–>
Getting to Mallorca by plane
The most convenient and fastest way to get to Mallorca is by plane, as Palma de Mallorca International Airport (PMI) is one of the most important airports with the highest number of connections in the country.
The Airport of Son Sant Joan, as it is also known, is open all year round, although the majority of flights take place in summer, linking the island with the main Spanish and European cities.
The most important European capitals are less than 3 hours away and most Spanish cities are less than an hour and a half away.
Which airlines offer direct flights to Palma de Mallorca?
Up to 49 airlines offer direct flights from the main Spanish and European capitals to Palma Airport. Most flights are operated by one of the following companies:
- Air Europa
- Air France
- Vueling Airlines
- Wizz Air
Airports with direct flights to Palma de Mallorca
As it is one of the most popular tourist destinations, practically all the airports in the country have one or more weekly direct flights to Palma, especially in summer. You can travel from:
- Flights from Alicante to Mallorca
- Flights from Asturias to Mallorca
- Flights from Barcelona to Mallorca
- Flights from Bilbao to Mallorca
- Flights from Gran Canaria to Mallorca
- Flights from Granada to Mallorca
- Flights from Ibiza to Mallorca
- Flights from Jerez de la Frontera to Mallorca
- Flights from Madrid to Mallorca
- Flights from Málaga to Mallorca
- Flights from Menorca to Mallorca
- Flights from San Sebastián to Mallorca
- Flights from Santander to Mallorca
- Flights from Santiago de Compostela to Mallorca
- Flights from Sevilla to Mallorca
- Flights from Tenerife to Mallorca
- Flights from Valencia to Mallorca
- Flights from Valladolid to Mallorca
- Flights from Zaragoza to Mallorca
On the international scene, you can find direct flights to Mallorca from the main cities of countries such as:
- Flights from Germany to Mallorca
- Flights from Austria to Mallorca
- Flights from Belgium to Mallorca
- Flights from Denmark to Mallorca
- Flights from Finland to Mallorca
- Flights from France to Mallorca
- Flights from Italy to Mallorca
- Flights from Luxembourg to Mallorca
- Flights from Netherlands to Mallorca
- Flights from Portugal to Mallorca
- Flights from United Kingdom to Mallorca
- Flights from Czech Republic to Mallorca
- Flights from Russia to Mallorca
- Flights from Sweden to Mallorca
- Flights from Switzerland to Mallorca
How to get cheap flights to Mallorca?
Do you want to know how to buy tickets to Mallorca at the best price? Here are some tips to help you secure the cheapest flight for your trip to the island:
- Use the flight search engine of Vueling, the best low cost airline, without surprises and knowing from the beginning what you are going to pay.
- Buy your ticket in advance. Mallorca offers entertainment all year round, but if you want to enjoy the sun and the beaches, the months between May and September are the best months to do so. As these are the busiest months, booking in advance is essential to get the cheapest ticket.
- If you can, be flexible in your dates. Flying a day or two before or after your planned date can secure you the best price, so if you haven’t yet locked in your working holiday… wait to do so once you’ve compared flight prices.
- Try different combinations, selecting the return ticket and then selecting them separately. Although it should be cheaper to buy your tickets together, this is not necessarily the case.
- In general, Mondays and Tuesdays are the cheapest days to buy airline tickets, although our experience tells us that this is not always the case.
- Travel in low season, as tickets become more expensive on peak travel days. As we mentioned, Mallorca can be enjoyed all year round, so if your priority is not to take advantage of its beaches and you prefer to enjoy other activities such as hiking or cycle touring, take the opportunity to look for tickets outside the summer season.
- Subscribe to our newsletter so that we can keep you up to date with the best promotions, offers and discounts for Yo soy Mallorca readers.
Book your flight to Majorca
At Yo soy Mallorca we recommend that you travel with Vueling and use their website to book your flight. As Mallorca is a destination served by so many airlines, it won’t be difficult to find a cheap flight. Even so, of all the airlines, Vueling seems to us to be the best Low Cost, without a doubt. Why?
- It has a fleet of aircraft connecting more than 130 destinations in Spain, Europe, some African countries and the Middle East, at very low prices, and many of these connect with Mallorca.
- Frequent flyers can join the Vueling Club and accumulate Avios (points) for each booking they make to earn discounts and even a possible free flight on an upcoming trip.
- You can check in online and through your Vueling App and get your boarding pass easily.
- You can sit with your companion during the flight, which in these days is really appreciated, isn’t it? Let’s hear it for Vueling! 👏
- It was named the best low-cost airline of 2021.
Therefore, we recommend you to book directly from their website to ensure you get the cheapest price for your ticket to Mallorca.
Once your booking is confirmed, you will receive an email from the Vueling website with your ticket to Palma de Mallorca.
Travel insurance to Mallorca
During a holiday there may be unwanted unforeseen events that require assistance: flight delays, lost or damaged luggage, early returns for personal reasons and a host of other things that we don’t normally want to think about.
For this reason, we always recommend purchasing a travel insurance policy in order to travel with the best guarantees, even for trips nearby. In addition, Yo soy Mallorca readers can take advantage of an extra 5% discount on the usual price.
How to get from Palma airport to your destination
If you have finally decided to get to Mallorca by plane and you have bought your ticket, you should know that the airport is located 8 km from Palma and not far from areas such as Playa de Palma or El Arenal, so if you are going to go to any of these three places, you will be able to do so using public transport.
However, if you are going to an area far from the capital, you should know that the connections are not very good, so our recommendation is that you hire a car to get to your hotel and then you can enjoy the island without any limitations.
When you arrive at the airport, you will find different options for transfer to your destination:
- Bus: as we were saying, if your idea is to travel to Palma, Playa de Palma or El Arenal, you can do so by bus. You will find the bus stop in the “Arrivals” area, just outside the airport. The blue buses are those that connect with the city (EMT line A1) and with the El Arenal area (EMT line A2). Both cost €5. In addition to these, during the summer season, you will also find other yellow buses run by the Aerotib company, which connect with other areas of the island (lines A11, A32, A42 and A51). If you choose this option, you can check here for more information.
- Taxi: also in “Arrivals”, next to the bus stop, you will find the taxi rank. The approximate cost of the journey to Palma from the airport is around €20. If you need to get to another part of the island, check the information in this article and ask the taxi driver before you get in, as the price will be considerably higher.
- Private transfer: another option for getting to your accommodation is to book a private transfer from the airport. It is a good alternative to taxis, comfortable and fast, but we would only recommend it if you have plans to explore Mallorca using another means of transport such as a bicycle, or because you know that once you are in your accommodation you are not going to leave the area.
- Car rental: renting a car is undoubtedly the best way to enjoy the island. Due to the limited timetables and frequency of public transport, if you want to get to know every corner of Mallorca and get away from the purely tourist areas, it is essential that you have a hire car.
🚗 If you finally decide to rent a car, compare prices and book your vehicle at the best price from here.